Address:2011 Post Rd, Darien, CT
Website:Noroton Presbyterian Nursery School
Lunch Bunch/Extended Day:Yes (3s & 4s only)
Session Length:September to June
Birthdate Cut-Off:2s: August 31st; 3s & 4s: December 31st
ABOUT:NPNS is a ministry of Norton Presbyterian Church and is inspired by the Reggio Emilia teaching philosophy. This approach is rooted in the belief that children are competent learners with a pre-existing knowledge base. Teachers are companions on the learning journey and the environment is an important prompt through which teachers, parents and the community engage children in the joy of exploration and inspiration.
Children are always encouraged to try new things, think out of the box, succeed, fail, regroup and try again. NPNS promotes trial and error and provides emotional support through applause, encouragement and modeling healthy relationships.
The classroom environment is enriched by Chapel Time; as well as visits from music and junior naturalist teachers. Chapel Time is used to help children learn about God through Bible stories, action songs, and special prayers.
NPNS Three Keys to Success:
-A passionate staff that nurtures a love of learning
-Parent and community involvement
To inquire about NPNS schedules and costs, please contact the school office at 203.655.3223 or NPNS.email@example.com.
Enrollment Process & Dates:
Open House: Click here to register!
12/6/18 @ 9:30am or 7pm
1/3/19 @ 9:30am or 7pm
New Family: due early January
You will be notified via mail of the status of your application the third week in January.
*Please note: children are accepted based on a lottery system, which follows this priority order:
- Currently enrolled children
- Children of NPNS staff / Children of NPC members who are siblings of current NPNS students (i.e. applicants and siblings will both be attending in September)
- Children of NPC members who are siblings of previously enrolled students
- Children of NPC members
- Children of NPC staff; non-church members who are siblings of previously enrolled students
- Children who are registered users of Noroton Presbyterian Child Care – must be an active and registered member of NPCC (Mom’s Oasis and Sunday School does not count)
- Children of the community at large
**A parent must be an NPC member by December 31 of the year prior in order to enroll as children of church member.