Wednesday, March 14, 2018
With snow storms, snow storms, and more "snow storms", it's hard to believe that Easter is right around the corner! Easter is on Sunday, April 1st this year (no fooling!) and there are so many egg-cellent events and hoppy hunts happening between now and then. Take a look below to find one near you. Additional details about all Easter events can be found on our Event Calendar. Happy Easter to those of you who are celebrating!
- When: Monday, March 19th 4pm-5pm
- Where: Stew Leonard's
- About: Stew Leonard’s Norwalk store is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt Eggs-Travaganza. Children ages 9 and under will be given a map of Stew Leonard’s and a bag to collect eggs from costumed characters throughout the store, including Wow the Cow, Cynthia Chick, and Daphne Duck among others. Each egg contains prizes ranging from candy and board games to toys and gift cards. One lucky child will win the Egg Hunt’s top prize: a $250 gift card to Toys R Us! Parents please note: some of the candy included in the eggs may contain peanuts. After the Egg Hunt is complete, parents are invited to take photos of their children with the Easter Bunny.
- When: Saturday, March 31st 10am-1pm
- Where: Stepping Stones Museum for Children
- About: It's a Stepping Stones tradition. We have planned some egg-citing activities like egg-rolling, egg tossing, face painting, music and more to celebrate spring. Ages 10 and under are welcome, and the event is free with museum admission. New this year: members-only egg hunt at 9:00am in the museum!
- When: Saturday, March 31st 1:30pm-3pm
- Where: Tumble Jungle
- About: Come join us for our annual Easter Egg Hunt at Tumble Jungle. The festivities will last an hour and a half and include supervised open gym play, zip-line rides, trampoline time, bounce houses, pizza, and of course an Easter Egg Hunt. Registration required.
- When: Saturday, March 24th 9am-11am
- Where: YMCA Gymnastics Center
- About: Hop on over to the YMCA Gymnastic Center! Bring your baskets. Easter egg hunt, face painting, open play, craft and more including a visit by the bunny!
The Great Egg Hunt & Spring Celebration
- When: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday March 29th, March 30th, & March 31st at various times
- Where: New Canaan Nature Center
- About: Perfect for children, ages 2-10, our egg hunts are designed for smaller groups (approximately 25 per hunt) and, in addition to the hunt, include an egg & spoon obstacle course and meet & greet with our baby chicks & bunny rabbits. Just BYOB (bring your own basket) for collecting eggs (which contain nature-themed prizes and nut-free sweets). Registration required.
- When: Saturday, March 24th 9am-11am
- Where: Waveney Park
- About: It's going to be an Eggcellent time! The 45th YWL 2018 Easter Egg Hunt is coming on March 24th! Mark your calendars and join us for fun and festivities at this annual family event. Rain location is New Canaan High School.
Forest Easter Egg Adventure
- When: Saturday, March 24th, Sunday, March 25th, & Saturday, March 31st at various times
- Where: Stamford Museum & Nature Center
- About: Join us for a new Easter Egg Adventure this year on our Wheels in the Woods trail. A maximum of 25 kids per session ensures a fun, safe event for all! We'll start with the hunt on our trails where kids can gather eggs in the woods, then head to the Overbrook Nature Center, where we'll get to meet some live animals and create a great craft! Kids will turn in their found eggs for a goody bag! Program will run rain or shine (rain plan will be in Great Hall). Ages 2+. Registration required.
- When: Saturday, March 24th & Saturday, March 31st 9:30am-11:30am
- Where: Sign of the Whale
- About: Join us for the 4th Annual Breakfast with the Easter Bunny! Tickets include breakfast, pictures with the Easter Bunny, and arts & crafts.
- When: Saturday, March 24th 12pm-1:30pm
- Where: Stamford Recreation Star Center
- About: This event is designed for children ages 8 and under. Come join us for this relaxing event with your child/children as the Easter Bunny offers this fun filled event. As your child waits to see the bunny they will enjoy ice cream with you and their friend as well as other activities. Children will get the opportunity to sit with the Bunny and receive 5 filled Easter eggs and a small gift. Parents are welcome to take photos. Each child will also receive a raffle ticket for door prizes. Registration required.
- When: Saturday, March 17th 10am-12pm
- Where: St. Thomas More Church
- About: St. Thomas More Women's Circle invites you to the annual Bunny Brunch & Egg Hunt featuring Danny Magic!
- When: Friday, March 30th 10am-11am
- Where: Darien Community Association
- About: Gather your Easter baskets and come out for an Easter Egg Hunt on the front lawn of the DCA! This annual event is a great way for children to get into the spirit of the holiday, and to meet many new friends. Please come early, as the Easter Egg Hunt starts at 10:00am sharp and takes only a few minutes. A special appearance by the Easter Bunny makes this a wonderful morning so make sure to bring your camera.
- When: Saturday, March 31st 10am-11am
- Where: Rowayton Community Center
- About: Hop on over to the Community Center, rain or shine, to meet the Easter Bunny and participate in RCA’s annual Easter Egg Hunt. Parents, please drop off six plastic eggs filled with candy, snacks or coins for each participating child to Paul Curtin at 11 Burchard Lane on Friday, March 30th between 12pm and 8pm. Eggs may also be dropped off at the Community Center field before 9:30am on the day of the hunt.
- When: Saturday, March 31st 10am-5pm
- Where: Whimsie's Dollhouse Shop
- About: Whimsie's Dollhouse Shop's 8th Annual Miniature Egg Hunt! Hop on by and meet some-Bunny special anytime between 10am & 5pm! Play a game of "I Spy" in our "Spring Time" Dollhouse Display! Complete our miniature egg hunt throughout the display cases! Guess how many jelly beans and win a $50 gift certificate from Whimsie's!
- When: Saturday, March 31st 10:30am-12pm
- Where: Wakeman Town Farm
- About: This new family-centric event celebrates some EGGcellent traditions, including an Egg Hunt, an Egg-Toss, a farm-y craft, hot chocolate, and coffee. In addition to this, kids will get a chance to get up close and personal with the farm's new chicks and bunnies. There will also be a visit from the Big Bunny!