We are so close to being able to say that "spring has sprung"! The temps are (slowly) rising, the days are getting longer, and we see those tiny buds popping through the ground. Although spring officially began last week, there is something about Easter that gives us the final push that we need to believe that warmer, greener days are really ahead. And there is so much fun to be had in celebration of Easter! From classic egg hunts to yummy bunny brunches, there are endless egg-cellent, hoppy happenings taking place! Take a look at our roundup of this year's events to find eggs-actly what you're looking for. Happy Easter to you and your little chicks!
Events are listed alphabetically by town, and then chronologically by date.
- When: Saturday & Sunday, April 13th & 14th and 19th & 20th
- Where: Danbury Railway Museum
- About: The Easter Bunny will once again pay a visit to the Danbury Railway Museum and you can take a ride in a vintage train through the historic railyard to visit him. Trains leave every 30 minutes from 10:30am-2:30pm on Saturday (no train at 12pm or 12:30pm); and from 12:30pm-2:30pm on Sunday. Admission also includes: a small gift for children from the Easter Bunny, temporary tattoos, a coloring station, a Thomas® play table, and more!
- When: Saturday, March 30th 10am-12pm
- Where: St. Thomas More Church
- About: St. Thomas More Women's Circle invites you to enjoy brunch, a magic show with Danny Magic, an egg Hunt, and of course a visit from the Easter Bunny! Egg hunt begins at 11:30am.
- When: Saturday, April 13th 11am-4pm
- Where: Hands on Pottery
- About: Paint 2 eggs, get 1 free! Or paint 2 egg cups, get 1 free! First come, first serve, while supplies last. Walk-ins always welcome. If you have a large group, please feel free to call ahead of time and reserve a table.
- When: Friday, April 19th 10am-11am
- Where: Darien Community Association
- About: Gather your Easter baskets and come out for an Easter Egg Hunt on the front lawn of the DCA! This annual event is a great way for children to get into the spirit of the holiday. Please come early, as the Easter Egg Hunt starts at 10am sharp and takes only a few minutes. A special appearance by the Easter Bunny makes this a wonderful morning.
- When: Saturday, April 13th 5pm-8pm
- Where: South Pine Creek Soccer Field
- About: This year's Easter Eggstravaganza will feature our annual children's egg scramble, as well as a Family Fun Zone complete with music, food trucks, bounce house, giant slide, obstacle course, and much more! Not to be missed: our inaugural Adult Sundown Easter Egg Hunt with great raffle prizes!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 10am-11:30am
- Where: Pequot Library (Southport)
- About: Dance the bunny hop, make crafts, play games, meet the Easter Bunny, and then visit with our rabbit "Blossom"! Bring your own hard-boiled eggs for decorating, and then choose your favorite egg to enter in the age-category races!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 10am & 1pm
- Where: Connecticut Audubon Society
- About: Family fun includes egg hunt, crafts and a visit from a special rabbit! Morning hunt has a continental breakfast and afternoon hunt includes healthy snacks.
- When: Saturday, April 13th 10am-11:30am
- Where: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park
- About: Join us for the largest egg hunt in town as HTC gives away 20,000 eggs, plus prizes! Great fun for all kids ages 0 to 12! Come to Roger Sherman Baldwin Park for fun and refreshments: enjoy face painting, balloon animals, food trucks, and more!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 10am-4pm
- Where: Whimsies Dollhouse Shop
- About: Hop on by and meet "some-Bunny special" at this free, all-ages, family event! Participants can play a game of "I Spy" in our Spring Time dollhouse display, hunt for miniature eggs hidden throughout our display cases and guess how many jelly beans to win a gift certificate from Whimsies!
- When: Saturday, April 6th 9am-11am
- Where: Waveny House
- About: The Easter Bunny’s arrival kicks off the festivities, which include family entertainment, bounce houses, glitter tattoos, and more! The hunt will start at 10:15am with children collecting over 10,000 eggs and searching for the coveted golden eggs. Delicious and creative spring sweets will be available at the bake sale.
- When: Wednesday, April 10th 3:30pm-5pm
- Where: Toddlertime Nursery School
- About: An egg-ceptional day! Egg hunts, dying eggs with different techniques, and spring experiments. Always a hopping fun day!
- When: Saturday, April 13th 9am-10am
- Where: Waveny House
- About: Events will include face painting, bunny meet-and-greet, and coloring for children. Breakfast snacks will be served for parents and children. Each child will receive a gift from the Easter Bunny. *This event is open to New Canaan residents only & pre-registration is required.
- When: Saturday, April 13th 1pm-4pm
- Where: Silvermine Guild Arts Center
- About: In this parent/child workshop we will explore a range of materials to make a colorful and unique hanging Easter egg-themed garland! Materials will include coffee filters, markers, paint, cardboard hearts, watercolor, collage, doilies, fabric, and more. Each student will create 8-10 small Easter eggs using various materials and art processes which will then be attached to colorful ribbon to hang up in your home. Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday April 18th, 19th, & 20th at various times
- Where: New Canaan Nature Center
- About: Perfect for children ages 2-10, our egg hunts are designed for smaller groups. In addition to the hunt, this event include an egg & spoon obstacle course and meet & greet with our baby chicks & bunny rabbits. Just BYOB (bring your own basket) for collecting eggs. Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Saturday, April 6th 9am-12pm
- Where: Kids First Pediatric Dentistry
- About: Hop on in to Kids First Pediatric Dentistry's free Bunny Bash! Activities include: interactive entertainment, free 4x6 framed photo, bouncy house, face painting, balloon twisting, the Fun Bus, and much more!
- When: Saturday, April 6th 9am-11pm
- Where: Silvermine Elementary School
- About: All you can eat & all are welcome! Special guest will be The Easter Bunny. Games, crafts, and surprises are planned.
- When: Monday, April 8th 10:30am-2pm & 4-7pm
- Where: Tumble Jungle
- About: Easter photoshoot with JS Photography Services. During the photo sessions, Tumble Jungle will offer free play from 11am-12:30pm!
- When: Tuesday, April 9th 4pm-5pm
- Where: Stew Leonard's
- About: Children age 9 and under will be given a map of Stew Leonard’s and a bag to collect eggs from costumed characters throughout the store, including Wow the Cow, Cynthia Chick, and Daphne Duck among others. Each egg contains prizes ranging from candy and board games to toys and gift cards. One lucky child will win the Egg Hunt’s top prize: a $250 gift card to Stew Leonard’s! After the Egg Hunt is complete, parents are invited to take photos of their children with the Easter Bunny.
- When: Thursday, April 11th 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Where: Tumble Jungle
- About: Come join us for our annual Easter Egg Hunt at Tumble Jungle. The festivities will last an hour and include supervised open gym play, zip-line rides, trampoline time, bounce houses, and of course an Easter Egg Hunt.
- When: Saturday, April 13th 9am-11am
- Where: YMCA Westport/Weston Gymnastics Center
- About: Hop on over to the YMCA Gymnastic Center for this annual family Easter event! Bring your baskets. Easter egg hunt, face painting, open play, craft, a visit from the bunny, & more! The egg hunt begins promptly at 9:00am.
- When: Sunday, April 14th 10am-11am
- Where: St. Matthew Church
- About: Bring the kids for a fun breakfast after the 9am Mass. In addition to breakfast, there will be crafts and goodies for the kids to enjoy while spending quality time with family. The Easter Bunny will be making an appearance at each table, so don’t forget your camera! Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 11am-12pm
- Where: Calf Pasture Beach
- About: Join us as we watch the children of Norwalk scoop up 10,000 candy-filled Easter eggs!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 11am-12pm
- Where: SoNo Library
- About: In celebration of Easter, children are invited to take part in an Easter Egg Hunt at the SoNo Branch Library. After the Easter Egg Hunt the children will create their own Easter bunny ears to wear and a centerpiece of paper bunnies for Easter dinner.
- When: Saturday, April 20th 10am-5pm
- Where: Stepping Stones Museum for Children
- About: It's a Stepping Stones tradition. We have planned some egg-citing activities like egg-rolling, egg tossing, egg-hunting, egg-crafting, egg-stories, and more.
- When: Sunday, April 7th 11am-1pm
- Where: Lounsbury House
- About: Enjoy a magical brunch with our very special guest, the Easter Bunny. You will dine in the grand ballroom of Ridgefield’s historic landmark Lounsbury House while being treated to live musical entertainment. Our delicious family-friendly menu, catered by Gallo Ristorante, will include items such as scones, bagels, grilled vegetables, pancakes, delectable quiche, assorted frittatas, baked ham carved table side with honey mustard, fresh fruit, and much more!
- When: Saturday, April 13th 11am-11:30am
- Where: Ballard Park
- About: The Easter Bunny is coming to town! Children will collect eggs, meet the Easter Bunny, and enjoy springtime in the park.
- When: Saturday, April 13th 10am-11am
- Where: Rowayton Community Center
- About: Hop on over to the Community Center, rain or shine, to meet the Easter Bunny and participate in the RCA’s annual Easter Egg Hunt. *Parents, please drop off six plastic eggs filled with candy, snacks or coins for each participating child to Paul Curtin at 11 Burchard Lane on Friday, April 12th between 12pm-8pm. Eggs may also be dropped off at the Community Center field before 9:30am on the day of the hunt.
- When: Saturday, April 6th 11am-12:30pm
- Where: Stamford Recreation Star Center
- About: This event is designed for children ages 7 and under. Celebrate Easter with the Easter Bunny this year in a fun filled environment that will bring a smile to your child/children’s face. Create some memories you won’t soon forget with the Bunny and pizza for your child and their friends. Children will get the opportunity to sit with the Bunny, receive 5 filled Easter eggs and a small gift. Each child will also receive a raffle ticket for door prizes. Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Saturday, April 13th 9:30am-11:30am
- Where: Sign of the Whale
- About: Join us for the 5th annual Easter Bunny Brunch! Admission includes: breakfast buffet, pictures with the Easter Bunny, and arts & crafts.
- When: Saturday, April 13th, Sunday, April 14th, & Saturday, April 20th at various times
- Where: Stamford Museum & Nature Center
- About: We’ll start with the hunt on our trails where kids can gather eggs in the woods, then head to the Overbrook Nature Center, where we’ll get to meet some live animals and create a great craft! This year, instead of goody bags, kids will turn in their found eggs for a prize of their choosing, such as activity kits, stuffed animals, or books! Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Saturday, April 13th 12pm-4pm
- Where: Designs By Lee
- About: Fun free family activities will include: photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny, children's craft, bounce house, Walter's hot dogs, giveaways, and more!
- When: Saturday, April 13th 3:30pm-5pm
- Where: My Gym
- About: Come join our My Gym teachers for a an Easter egg hunt!
- When: Sunday, April 14th 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Where: Chelsea Piers
- About: Come celebrate spring at our annual Bunny Hop. Fun for the entire family with an appearance by the Easter Bunny, entertainment, music, snacks, gift baskets and much more! *This event is open to current Chelsea Piers CT members and their guests only.
- When: Saturday, April 20th 12pm-3pm
- Where: Mill River Park
- About: Our annual Easter Egg Hunt is back! 2018's event included: 3,000 Easter eggs, free Easter glitter tattoos, and BOGO carousel rides! Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 10:30am-12pm
- Where: Lachat Town Farm
- About: Come join us to celebrate Spring's arrival at Lachat Town Farm with a wonderful Earth Day Egg Hunt! Search the grounds for colorful eggs, create a beautiful nature craft, spend time with our adorable bunnies, get your face painted- there will even be a visit by the Spring Bunny! Fun for all ages. Bring your basket and keen eyes! Participants must pre-register for this event!
- When: Saturday, April 20th 10am-12pm
- Where: Wakeman Town Farm
- About: This fun family event celebrates some EGGcellent traditions. We'll open the event with an EGG hunt for ages 0-4 and 5+ and will continue the fun with EGG themed games and crafts. Kids will get a chance to get up close and personal with the Farm’s bunnies and chicks and of course Big Bunny will make a visit. Participants must pre-register for this event!