Reservations are required for 2020! The reservation system also provides the most up-to-date information on the day’s activities and hours. Upcoming reservations are posted 5 to 7 days in advance based on weather.
As always, our farmers have worked hard to grow an amazing selection of pumpkins, squashes and gourds for you to harvest this fall season. The farm team has also created new and wonderful farm PUMPKIN HARVEST EXPERIENCES for your family to enjoy during this COVID19 period.
- THE CORN LABYRINTH AND THREE SISTERS WALK – A meditative, one-way path, inspired by the indigenous peoples of the Americas, will provide a special experience for our guests. After emerging quietly from the twisting pathway among the tall corn stalks, the walk continues between long lengths of farm fields. Along the way, all can learn about “Three Sisters farming” and then observe methods the Jones farmers use for growing their crops.
- THE FARM RANGER HIKE – For the hearty and curious, one can ramble along a Jones Farm trail and see the Jones vineyards and Christmas tree plantations. This hike will require participants to be able to walk up and down inclines. Educational stops along the way provide insights into our farming ways. There are also beautiful vistas rarely seen by our farm visitors.
- THE PUMPKIN POLLINATOR PATHWAY – Centrally located in our Farmyard is a fun display about some of the creatures that help us produce food crops. Prepare to be surprised by some of the less well-known pollinators and enjoy looking at and selecting some of the fruits of their labors, our crop of heirloom squash.
- THE DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS SQUASH TENT – Learn about the fascinating world of squash. Our farmers are more than eager to discuss with you squash cooking techniques as well as provide you with our favorite recipes.
- HARVEST-YOUR-OWN PUMPKINS – Big, Little, Pretty, Unusual, Orange, White or Green – whatever you like, we have it! Come to gather your favorites – in our pumpkin fields or in our big Farmyard – to welcome autumn to your home.
“Grab & Go” – The Pumpkin Quick Purchase Area
For guests who wish only to purchase pumpkins, squash, and fall décor, and not visit the full Farmyard, we have created a special sectioned-off space near the Entry and Checkout Barn. No separate entry is needed – it is intended for quick, convenient purchasing for the most popular of the fall décor. Visitors to this area will not have access to the pumpkin fields, cannot do fall farm photography in our fields, walk around the Farmyard, or explore the Pumpkin Experience.
Reservations for the Pumpkin Quick Purchase Area are not required, but please note its hours of availability. Weekday visits, from 10 am to 5:30 pm; on weekends and Columbus Day, from 9 to 10:30 am..