Agent Au Pair
Finding childcare is one of the most overwhelming and stressful parts of being a parent. Before we had our daughter 6 years ago, we struggled with figuring out how we were going to find the best childcare possible for our precious baby, while also having flexibility, and equally as important: not totally breaking the bank. The only option that checked off all the boxes was an au pair! We believe so passionately in the au pair program and are thrilled to introduce you to Connecticut-based au pair agency, Agent Au Pair.
Agent Au Pair has been serving host families and au pairs for over 15 years! Agent Au Pair offers the expertise to guide you through the process and find the right fit for you and your family. They pride themselves on taking the time to get to know individual host families on a personal level, ensuring that their matching is on target for each family’s needs. Once in the program, their attentive local staff provide ongoing support to ensure a successful program year and make sure you get the most out of the au pair program experience.
Au Pair Program – up to 45 hours of childcare per week (10 hours/day)
- Standard Au Pair
- Between the ages of 18-26
- Have at least 200 hours of childcare experience
- Able to speak and write conversational English
- Willing to commit to 12 months in the United States
- Have a secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a driver’s license, or be willing to obtain one
- Infant Care Au Pair
- Qualified to care for infants ages 3 months to 24 months
- Have at least 200 hours of verifiable experience caring for children under the age of 2
- Pro Au Pair
- Have a university degree related to education, child development or a health profession
- Have at least two years of full-time childcare experience as a nanny, preschool teacher, teacher, nurse or medical professional
- At least 20 years old
TutorCare Au Pair – up to 30 hours of childcare a week for school-aged kids
This program is for families who require care primarily during the mornings before school and after school with some option for evening and weekend hours. The au pairs help the children with homework, driving to and from after school activities, provide supervision, and act as a role model.
Au Pair Qualifications
- Between the ages of 18 and 26 when they arrive in the USA
- Available for a 12 month cultural exchange program
- Have previous childcare experience
- Have good English language skills
- Have a secondary school diploma or equivalent
- In good health and have no criminal record
- Have a driver’s license or be willing to get one
Au Pair Responsibilities
- Bathing, dressing and putting children to bed
- Changing diapers, entertaining babies, feeding babies
- Driving children to school and activities
- Getting children ready for school
- Playing with children, leading activities, teaching games, and songs
- Preparing meals for children
- Supervising homework
- Taking toddlers and children on outings in the local community
- Tidying children’s rooms and doing children’s laundry
Exclusive Discount! Mention Busy Little Bee and save $100 when you successfully welcome an au pair into your home!
For detailed fee breakdowns, payment plans, and additional discounts available, click here.
|Standard & Infant Au Pairs
|Pro Au Pair
|Tutor Au Pair
Additionally, au pairs are given a private bedroom and meals while living with their host family. Au pairs are also given an educational stipend of up to $500 by host families to cover their J-1 educational program requirement.
Why Au Pair versus Daycare or Nanny?
Au Pair vs. Daycare
A day care center may seem like the most affordable option for childcare. When considering your childcare options, keep the following in mind:
- If you work full-time, are you able to leave work early to pick up your children? Many day care centers charge high late fees if you are not able to pick-up your children at the scheduled pick-up time.
- One of the benefits of hosting an au pair is that au pairs have a flexible schedule based on your family’s requirements. Au pairs can work up to 45 hours a week, 10 hours a day.
- Daycare centers charge separate fees for each child.
- The Au Pair program fees are not dependent on how many children you have.
- Do you have back-up childcare when you children get sick? Does the schedule at the Daycare meet your child’s needs?
- An au pair gives you the flexibility to have childcare in the comfort and familiarity of your own home without the rush of getting the children out of the house.
- Hosting an au pair through Agent Au Pair gives you the peace of mind to know that your au pair is trained in CPR and first aid.
Au Pair vs. Nanny
- You may be considering the benefits of a nanny in addition to childcare outside of your home. A nanny can be an expensive solution and can cost up to $800/week.
- Many nannies may have additional requirements such as health insurance, paid vacation, and required time off. In addition, nannies are not regulated and may not have first aid, CPR or childcare training.
- All of Agent Au Pair’s au pairs are trained in childcare, first aid and CPR as part of the Au Pair
Why Choose Agent Au Pair?
Exclusive Partner of AuPair.com
As the exclusive US partner for AuPair.com, the leading resource for connecting au pairs and host families across the globe, they offer a large pool of high-quality au pairs and an online matching and application systems.
Renzulli Learning Difference
Agent Au Pair infuses Renzulli teaching methods into their program to elevate its learning benefits. Renzulli has helped millions of children to develop advanced learning skills and higher academic performance. The unique training in Renzulli methods provides their au pairs with valuable career skills no other au pair program can offer! As a member of Agent Au Pair, host families, au pairs, and their families back home will receive access to the Renzulli Learning Home Edition.
Their experienced staff is dedicated to matching you with the right au pair from a childcare perspective, as well as a personality fit for your family.
They have an experienced team of Local Coordinators in the field who are committed to your au pair and family throughout the year. They strive to provide superior customer service and help you every step of the way.
Visit the Agent Au Pair website here to begin the amazing process of finding and hosting an au pair! You can also feel free to reach out to us directly (email here) with any questions about being a host family. We have personally hosted four au pairs and can most likely answer any questions you may have!