Meet the founder: Lauren Haley
Although Busy Little Bee is hardly a new resource, I know there are a lot of new visitors making their way to the site (welcome!). So I figured it was the perfect time to give you a face to put with a name and introduce myself by sharing 25ish random things you might not know about me! To learn more about why I started Busy Little Bee, click here.
25ish Things About Me
- I have 3 kids: 2 girls & 1 boy. Plus a 9 year old English Bulldog. And a 38 year old husband.
- My favorite things to drink are coffee, seltzer, & wine (not in that order).
- My least favorite thing to do is fold laundry.
- I prefer to do a craft, game, or activity with my kids (please don’t make me pretend to be the “big sis” during a game of “house”).
- My all-time favorite singer is James Taylor.
- My mom made every holiday super fun & special for my siblings and me when we were little, so I try and do the same for my kids.
- If I won the lottery I would immediately hire a chef to cook all meals for my family.
- I wish I spent less time on my phone and computer.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done: Physically: bring 3 kids into the world (delivering the 3rd was potentially the worst of them all). Mentally: survive the first 6 weeks with a newborn (the 1st was definitely the worst, but the 2nd wasn’t much better. However, #3 was almost a breeze!).
- I delivered all three of my children at the same hospital where I was born (Greenwich Hospital).
- Favorite Movie: Home Alone (The Holiday, Christmas Vacation, and Father of the Bride are close 2nds).
- The biggest compliment someone could give me is to say that I’m a good mom.
- Bad drivers make me crazy (but I might be one myself).
- I hate filling my car up with gas and have completely run out at least 5 or 6 times.
- I grew up in Darien, Connecticut with my parents, older brother, and older sister.
- I was nauseous every. single. day during all three of my pregnancies.
- I’d much rather give a gift than receive one.
- I love spreadsheets and organizing & analyzing information.
- My friends from elementary school are still some of my best friends today.
- I went to Ohio University in Athens, Ohio and met my Cleveland-native husband there. I still wonder when I’ll stop missing college…
- Summer is my favorite season, but I really love a good snow storm. Put me by a fire with good friends, a cheese board, & some wine any day!
- I take everything personally no matter how hard I try not to.
- I love beach vacations (the British Virgin Islands and Nantucket are my favorite destinations for family trips).
- I can’t remember anything.
- I’m a planner by nature and will spend hours researching the best flight options and hotel choices before booking a vacation.
- Favorite local kid-friendly places to eat: The Sugar Bowl in Darien for breakfast, Brendan’s 101 in Rowayton for lunch, the beach for dinner (ordering pizza is our go-to).
- I can’t remember anything.