Art, Nature & Me at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center inspires creativity, promotes self discovery, and nurtures an appreciation for lifelong learning. Our staff supports a child’s sense of wonder and natural curiosity by providing hands-on experiences in our classrooms as well as outdoors in the natural world.
- We believe all children are unique and capable learners.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators.
- We believe that home/school communication is of utmost importance.
- We believe in the importance of instilling a lifelong passion for being stewards of the earth.
- We believe that learning can take place both indoors and outdoors.
- We believe in the importance of having children explore outdoors.
- We believe in keeping current with knowledge in the field of early childhood education.
There are dozens of great preschools in and around Stamford. What sets Art, Nature & Me apart is that we are a field trip! Art, Nature & Me is nestled in the northeast corner of the Stamford Museum & Nature Center, a beautiful 118-acre site that boasts, among other things, a working educational farm, an art gallery, 80 acres of hiking trails, an observatory and planetarium.