Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County (CLC) has been a leader in developing and implementing high-quality and affordable early childhood education and care programs since 1902. The nonprofit agency is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and has eight locations. Serving 1,500 children a year, its comprehensive pre-K curriculum, on-site healthcare providers, family service workers and nutrition program set it apart from other early childhood education providers. CLC also collaborates with Yale University on a breakthrough program to develop social and emotional skills in young children.
- CLC provides federal Head Start and Early Head Start along with Connecticut School Readiness and Child Development programs to Stamford and its surrounding communities.
- Our comprehensive programs serve children six weeks to five years old. Families pay sliding scale-based fees.
- Our play-based learning philosophy allows children to discover the world at their own pace through hands-on, fun activities. Our infant, toddler, and preschool classrooms all use the Creative Curriculum. Backed by comprehensive child development research, our activities are stimulating, hands-on and fun!
- Early Head Start serves infants and toddlers providing early, continuous, and comprehensive child development and family support services.
- We offer a private pay program for infants and toddlers at our Palmer’s Hill location.