The Best Pasta Salad
This weekend marks the unofficial start of summer! Although this year feels a bit different, it does not mean BBQs and summer soirees are canceled completely! Kids are still free to run barefoot around the backyard and adults are encouraged to enjoy those delicious meals you only have on warm summer nights. Whether we’re having steak, seafood, or a basic burger, our go-to side is always this ridiculously easy but equally scrumptious pasta salad. Enjoy!
- vegetables of choice; suggested combos:
- 2 yellow bell peppers, 1 red onion, & 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers & 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 box pasta; suggested:
- tortellini (our fave choice, but definitely more filling)
- 8-12 oz. crumbled feta
- 16 fl. oz. bottle Italian dressing (we prefer Ken’s Steak House brand)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once drained, toss pasta in a small amount of dressing to prevent it from sticking. Let cool completely.
- Chop or dice the veggies.
- Once pasta is cooled, toss in veggies.
- Add in the feta and dressing a little bit at a time. Taste as you go and stop when you’ve reached the level of flavor you prefer. The amount of cheese and dressing is totally personal, so feel free to use less or add more than suggested!
- You can serve this pasta salad immediately if necessary, but we prefer to refrigerate it for a few hours first.